Thursday, December 15, 2011

75 Thoughts for 75 Years!

Over the last couple of months I have been collecting thoughts from Kevin's family and pictures that I have taken over the years and created a book for Ray and Monica, "75 Thoughts for 75 years", for Christmas.

This was a lot of fun reading about things people remember.

This was something that I had wanted to do for a couple of years.  When we would go on motorcylce rides with Ray, he would tell us stories of his childhood.  I wrote down outlines of the stories and had always intended to put them to writing to share.  This was a bitter sweet project, with Ray suffering from liver failure, because of the illness, the book took on an aura of a eulogy.  But I am glad I proceeded and bugged the family to death for stories and spent the time to put it all together.  It turned out great.
Here are a few pictures of Ray and Monica over the years.



Life is Good!

No comments: