Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Babies in my yard...

I was getting ready to leave Thurs night and there in the driveway was a baby bat! Still alive, I scooped it up with a stick and hid it in a box with a lid until the sun went down. About 9:30 p.m. the bats come out of my garage and fly away to eat bugs and best of all, mosquitoes!

It made these little squeeking noises and two bats dropped out of the garage and circled the box, we had poured the little bat out onto the top of the lid so the big Mommy bats could find it. It scooted off the lid and landed in the driveway again. When we got close to see if it was ok, it flew across the driveway, only about 6 inches off the driveway, but I hope it survived, cause we couldn't find it again!

Then on Sunday, we had a microburst go through the yard and blow a bird's nest out of the tree. Inside were two baby birds. I climbed a ladder and put the nest back in a pine tree and I am hoping that the Mom can find the babies and still will feed them. I don't want to climb back up to look for another couple of weeks.

Nature is tough on animals!!!!!!

No comments: