Wednesday, April 15, 2009

OK, A little variety in this post, cause life is full of adventures, goals, dreams things to do, places to see and people to meet.

The sun came out. Yes it was a miracle. The sun came out and we had to take advantage of a good thing. So off for a trail ride. One of the first of the year. I love to ride when the air is cold, you smell the pine trees, the dirt, smells change in the shade from the sunlight. The colder air smells different then the warmer air. Leaves are starting to show themselves. The horses have lot's of energy, the air is quiet! (Sorry the pictures are blurry, the settings were changed on my camera and I didn't pay attention!)


And then we had another sunny day, yes, another miracle! I shared this one on the slopes of Alta. Behind me is Devil's Castle. Of all my growing up years at Alta, this is the first time I have skiied Devil's Castle. What an awesome day it was!!!!! The powder was knee deep and as you skiied down the hill the snow would fly in your face. Fabulous! The castle was closed first thing in the morning for avalanche control. When they opened the gates, there was a line of skiers hiking to the bowl. We jumped in line and headed for paradise! Can you say smiling! We had to ski it twice!


And this post would not be complete without an update of the canoe! So close to being ready for water! We have been out looking at paddles and all the camping gear we are going to need to invest in, to spend a weekend in the woods, paddling the lakes in our canoe, (lots of waterproof bags).

Any suggestions for the maiden voyage? Please drop a note!

Hopefully this spring/winter/raining weather will soon turn into sunny days for at least 5 in a row, and then my spirits will soar, my ponies will run, the boat will float, the garden will be planted and the bikes will whir down the road. But I have to admit, watching it snow, on April 15th, is a miracle!

"When you decide upon a goal, you override your failure mechanism and change the direction of your life" - Brian Tracy

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Jourdan said...

You are always so full of optimism. Your posts make any day good and happy. (I'm actually enjoying this spring weather...it never ceases to be magical to me.)

Rob and Tiff said...

Yay!! You're having a GREAT day too. I love it!

NikkiAWardell said...

Beautiful post!!! I love the poetic nature of it....are you related to Louis Larsen by chance????:)