Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Let's start with before the wedding!
Jamie, Morgan, Lyndsey and I were training to run the Riverton City half marathon. I was doing really well until I broke a rib. Have you tried to run with a broken rib, it doesn't work out so well. This halted my training 5 weeks before the race. So the night before the race, which happened to be only 1 week before Morgan's wedding. We like to keep a lot of things on our plates. I decided that I was going to run anyway and see if I could at least run the first 5 mile loop and then drop. When I woke up the morning of the race. I thought, this is the stupidist thing to do, So Kevin and I were the support crew. Jamie, Morgan and Lyndsey ran and did great! They finished better than any of them thought. With their limited training.

Jamie and Morgan -------- Lyndsey crossing the finish line

At the finish line! Lyndsey said, "Don't ever ask me to do that again!" But now she is thinking of the next race. Way to go ladies! You did awesome and I am going to train to run one of these! I am glad that I sat this one out. But I am going to run!

Move ahead one week and we have the wedding!
Tiffany arrived Wednesday evening! Thursday morning at 10:00 a.m. we were at Grandma's baking the chocolatiest cake ever. It was chocolate cake with chocolate ganache in the middle and chocolate ganache frosting topped with a chocolate bowl and covered with chocolate strawberries. "Death by chocolate" It took all day Thursday to bake, dip strawberries, frost and dip more strawberries!

Ingredients for the cake------Tiff creating some magic!

Rob, dipping the perfect strawberry. We were very good and didn't eat a single strawberry until Friday, when we were eliminating the ugly ones.

We didn't get all the strawberries dipped by the time we had to leave to go to the temple for Morgan's endowment session. Then dinner and we sent some people home to bed, while Tiff and I finished dipping the berries. We had about 300 strawberries all covered in chocolate. Yum, Yum! I climbed in bed at 1:00 a.m.

4:00 a.m the alarm goes off and we start the day. I showered and got ready, because I knew there wouldn't be any time later. We had Morgan to Heather's for hair and makeup by 5:00. I managed a 1/2 hour nap here. Heather worked her magic and Morgan looked beautiful and ready for the day. Thanks Heather, your awesome!

Then married at the temple. I did not get my camera out much, why should I, we had a photographer there, so I just enjoyed the day. When we get the photo's back, I will post more!

Luncheon at a church nearby. Thankyou Birks, the luncheon was really good. I had the wrong coordinates on the invites and sent all of the Leake guests to a vacant lot. Sorry guys. They did all make it to the right place and were able to visit and have lunch.

3:00 we met at the reception center and hung umbrellas, put up pictures and put rainboots on the tables.
Jamie had lasagna for us at her place, which was around the corner. This saved us from being really grumpy. It is hard to smile, hug, shake hands and try to eat, so the before the wedding food was a fabulous idea.
Thankyou to everyone who shared this day with us. It was all we could ask for!

Now, a week after the wedding, I had the pleasure of going skiing with my friend that I grew up with on the slopes of Alta. Carrie currently lives in the upper panhandle of Idaho and is a ski patrol woman with a resort in ID. She brought some of her co-workers down to ski our slopes and I was invited to have one of the best days on the slopes, of the year. The skiing was good, but new friends and old friends make the day perfect.

I met Ilkka, from Finland, and he skiied with us all day. He was getting ready in the parking lot and introduced himself to the other car. They invited him to ski with us. What a pleasure!

Carrie, Jack (81 years old), Ilkka (from Finland)

1 comment:

Rob and Tiff said...

nothing better than keeping ourselves busy, busy, busy. Now I think we all need a week long vacation of doing nothing but sitting on a beach somewhere. Ah... doesn't that sound nice? Too bad we still have a full schedule ahead of us. Packing, baby, graduation, moving... never a dull moment around our family.

Fantastic job on all the wedding stuff by the way. :)