Thursday, November 3, 2011

The sun was shining, we had a little bit of snow and Karina and I went for a hike up Bell Canyon.  The hike to the resevoir was dry but once we headed east up the hill, we encountered some snow on the trail.  That didn't deter us and we made it all the way to the falls.
 Bell Canyon Resevoir
 Ice
 Top of Bell Canyon Falls!
Karina
On our way up the trail, we passed this cute older man who was coming down.  He said he was hiking to get in shape for skiing and asked if we were doing the same.  I told him we were out for some mental health therapy.  He stopped, turned around and looked me in the eye and asked "What is the problem"!  He made my day.  Someone who actually listened to the words being spoken and was concerned enough that he was willing to ask if he could help me.  I meant it as a means of enjoying the moment, the day and company of a friend.
He was an inspiration to me today!

1 comment:

Holly said...

We just never know who may influence us even if only for a moment. I hope that I can be aware of others in that same way, and be able to say the right thing at the right time.

Love you guys!
Holly