Friday, March 25, 2011

RUN GIRLIES! RUN!
This is the Riverton City 1/2 marathon.  13.1 miles on March 25.  Jamie already finished and went back to run in with Morgan.  Morgan had side aches and was a hurting.  But that doesn't stop her from having a little fun in front of the camera! 
  What was Riverton City thinking, cause-- Baby it's cold out here.  Of course you have to have your support crew.  Not in the picture is Kevin and Shauna (me). 
 Last year, I trained with the girls to run this race and gave myself plantar factiaitus, or something like that.  It took me all summer to walk again.  So this year, I wimped out and didn't sign up.  Kevin and I were in charge of cheerleading!  Somebody's got to do it.

 
 But the girls were going for broke.  Jamie wanted to finish under 2 hours.  Keep in mind that this is only the 2nd half marathon either one of them have run.  And Jamie did it!  With 10 plus minutes to spare. 
 You go girl!
And Morgan was a champ!  3 miles in she had side aches.  She struggled with the demons in her head and finished.  Even came in close to her time for last year, Give or take a few minutes.
Side note!  Tiffany ran a marathon, all 26.2 miles on 11/21/10 in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Only 5 months after Cadence was born!
Yea, The Leake, aka Jenkins/Johnson/Birks girls are ROCK STARS!

1 comment:

Amy Jo said...

I would agree those girls are amazing.