Saturday, September 26, 2009

Harley Ride 2009 - Day 10
It was another yellow day today. Yellow flowers on the top of sage brush. Yellow flowers bordering the road. Yellow dirt on the hillsides and under the pine trees, (I wonder what kind of dirt it is, lime, clay?) Yellow lines to follow! Yellow is pretty, mellow, soothing!

Then the hillsides started to turn red! I love red! Red brings us into Moab! And what can I say...Moab... speaks for itself with its own memories! We tried to spend the night in Moab, but all the hotels were sold out, and we stopped at 4. There were No Vacancy signs up everywhere, so onto Green River. It is almost done. The ride for 2009, 11 days total, over 5000 miles. I will get a final mileage tomorrow, but we are thinking that it will be over 5000.

I have eaten more food than if I had been on a cruise, and we haven't even gone to any, all you can eat buffets. Just eating out, the meals are large and plentiful.

I am trying to convince Kevin that I need 5000 minutes of massage to top off my vacation, he isn't convinced that a massage is going to be different than a 5000 road mile massage. But I know it will make me happy!

This world is such a pretty, diverse, wild place. There are so many varieties of plants, rock formations, and people inhabiting each area. It has been fun to run clear across the United States and back again!

Reflective ride notes: 572 miles!
The mountains of AZ were cold. Did you know that AZ known for its over 100 degree heat had mountains with elevations of 8300 feet above sea level. The pine trees were plentiful, but the vegetation under the trees was sparse.
Have you heard of the aliens in Roswell, NM. Well, I think they have multiplied and were standing at attention all over the desert. The yucca's are up to 5 feet tall and the flower stems on top of the yucca's stood another 5 feet high. They looked like men with antennae.
Beautiful, Beautiful!

No comments: