Monday, March 23, 2009

A perfect day! 3-14-09

I am still waiting for pictures of the wedding to post, but we did have a beautiful day, a beautiful weekend and it took a whole week to recuperate.

The big event has been building since November'ish but our activities started Wednesday night when Tiff and Rob arrived. We meet them at the airport and went straight to Wingers, along with Rob's parents. There have been many phone calls from Wingers letting Tiff and Rob know we were thinking of them so to start their visit with Wingers was a must.

Thursday, after Tiff and Rob had a dentist appointment, they graciously came to the Draper Temple Open house with Grandma and Granpa Leake, Morgan and I. It's a weekend focusing on families! And again, the Draper Temple did not dissapoint us, we left with a feeling of serenity and peace. A great way to prepare for a wedding.

Then start smiling cause the picture taking begins: Our color theme this time was purple. I dragged the family to the White Pine trail head, where we smiled, shivered, giggled, hugged, huddled, slipped and slid around the creek and bridge for the perfect family photo. We also went up to Snowbird and shivered some more for a few more shots. I can't wait to see them! Will our hands be purple, our lips be blue, our goosebumps be visible, our wet behinds show up on film?

Friday, I made a trip to Costco's for a berry run! My list consisted of blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and currents. I was able to find all but the currents. Took them home, washed them up and stashed them away in a cooler for tomorrow.

Saturday. I can't believe it! The day is here! It is surreal! Like planning Christmas! A Big party! A wedding! Are you sure we aren't suppose to have another week of planning? Have we checked everything off the list? Have we covered all the bases? WE DID! It was a marvelous day! Wedding breakfast at Thanksgiving point for close friends and family! It was beautiful! LeAnn (Adam's Mom), planned a beautiful beginning! Then 4 hours of prep time. Boy did we do good there. Didn't have to get up at 4:00 a.m., or stay up all night. Just sit around for 4 hours and chat, curl, powder, iron and relax. All ready for the big show!

We really enjoyed seeing friends and family. Adam and Jamie were glowing! And my feet were screaming in high heels. What was I thinking. Good thing I brought my slippers for after the reception!

2 comments:

Rob and Tiff said...

It sure was a great day, and weekend. We had a blast and I had a hard time leaving. The slippers thing was a brilliant idea, too bad I didn't think of it. :( I could have used some by the end of the night too.

NikkiAWardell said...

Congratulations!! Sorry we couldn't make it. Justin had his military ball that evening. I am glad it all went well.