Friday, November 21, 2008

Wedding planning update....

Well last Friday, Jamie booked the entire day to look at reception centers, dresses and meet with the photographer. How about a garden location in March?

Yesterday, I finished and ordered the guest book. I downloaded the pictures that we have to snapfish and had a book made. That took some time, but it was fun. The bride and groom kept looking over my shoulder and adding their requests, even though I kept telling them this is my book and I like this layout and this picture. I had to listen, cause that's just what you do when you are creating a book of new love.


And here is a wedding dress sneak preview. (If we posted the actual pictures of the dress. We would spoil the wow factor for Adam. So this will have to do until March 14th.) Yes, Morgan got some skin while snapping a button. Thank goodness it wasn't a zipper.

Then to add a little fun, Morgan tried on a cute purple dress. Can you dig the sock?
That was last Friday, Then Saturday, we drove to Moab. While Kevin looked at a VW bus and picked up a couple more teepee poles. Jamie, Adam, Morgan and I went hiking up Negro Bill Canyon. Perfect day for a hike. Cool, but not freezing when we stopped for lunch. Warm, but not desert hot.


What a great place to live. In 3 1/2 hours you can be in Moab, home of the Redrock. Beautiful, beautiful.

Three best things:
1. Driving to Moab, well sleeping to Moab while Kevin drove, then Kevin dropping us off for this hike, while he went shopping :). Enjoying the outdoors, with people you love, able to have a laugh or too, feel the sunshine on your face, see such diversity in the desert. Sit on a rock and eat lunch while watching other people enjoying the area, hiking below us. And then driving, ok, sleeping again while Kevin drove:) home. All in one day!


2. The bride to be, who is organizing the days events and making my check writing a little easier. She is doing an awesome job getting on top of things and dealing with the already dish a little stress out decisions. I'm glad we have 4 months.


3. Painting Jamie and Morgan's bedroom with Morgan has been a blast. We have spent a lot of time prepping, moving stuff out, getting up at 5:30 to paint and some nights staying up until midnight. We are to the final stretch. Packing up the stuff they haven't used in a year and finding some curtains. Then I will take some photo's and show you Morgan's brain child. I never would have picked these colors and I love the finished product.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I am sooo excited for Jamie! I was glad Jay and I got to get to know Adam a little better the night in the Tee pee, He's very cool! I think Shiloh has a little crush on Adam and Jamie" Shes a bit of a romantic like her mama.Love the pics in moab!Love ya Jess

Vicky said...

sooo fun, all the wedding prep stuff... and Moab, gorgeous, looks like so much fun!

Rob and Tiff said...

:-) I love the sneak peak of the dress. I especially love the big sign that says "no pictures" and there you are taking pictures. :-) It looks like you had all kinds of fun in moab. Oh and I think you should post pictures of the finished product of Morgan's newly painted room. It sounds like it has some fun colors. I can't wait to see it.

NikkiAWardell said...

How fun!! I have some fun memories of wedding dress shopping and wedding planning with my mom!! Reading about your day brought back all those fun memories.